Happy Tabata Tuesday!
As you know by now, the tabata protocol is a solid and efficient way to shed unwanted weight. I have a special post to excite and inspire you today!
Shedding pounds and health aren’t always tied together. The creation of muscle increases the density of weight within an individual and can even cause a person to gain weight, given that they are building more muscle than they are burning fat. It’s important to learn the ways to lose weight correctly; losing muscle can be very harmful in its own right. Learn the tips and tricks to lose weight without losing muscle in this article.
An important part of proper weight loss is to eat at least three times per day. Skipping meals only lowers your metabolism and therefore causes you to gain weight, or lose it more slowly. Make sure that you eat a healthy breakfast in the morning and then another meal with a solid snack for the day.
In an effective weight-loss exercise routine, it can be very helpful to schedule your workouts as early in the day as you can. Exercising first thing in the morning provides you with increased energy levels throughout the day. It also helps your mood, because all day long you can be proud of the fact that you already got your workout done.
Ignore what your scale says. A lot of people find themselves easily discouraged when their scale does not indicate that they are making immediate progress. If you are exercising and dieting properly, just ignore the scale entirely. Keep up what you are doing. It might take a little while, but eventually you will begin to see results.
When you arrive at work, park your car as far away from the entrance door as possible. The calories burned by this extra walking every work day can really add up and help you lose weight faster. If you use public transport, get off the train or bus a stop before your destination and walk the extra distance.
Reduce the amount of carbohydrates that you eat throughout the day. Also do not eat any carbohydrates late in the afternoon or in the evening. You can increase the amount of good fat and protein that you eat to compensate for your lost calories when you cut out the carbohydrates.
Get rid of clothes that do not fit you anymore. Motivate yourself to keep the weight off by only buying clothes that fit your body now. Remove any clothes that are now too large for you from your wardrobe. You can donate them to charity or sell them for a tidy sum.
A key tip for anyone embarking on a weight loss program is to shift focus away from the number on the scale. Weighing oneself on a daily basis can seriously undermine weight loss efforts, because the normal fluctuations that will surely register on the scale can have a devastating impact on motivation and morale. A better strategy is concentrate on positive changes in body shape and muscle tone, rather than on actual weight in pounds.
Eliminate soda to lose weight. You would probably be shocked to know how many calories a day you are getting just from your sugared sodas. If you trade one super-sized soda for a no-calorie water instead, you can cut 400-500 calories. Multiply that over several drinks a month, or a week, and you can see how quickly that adds up.
Avoiding obvious anorexic behavior sounds easy but can easily tempt the amateur exerciser with its surprising results. Making sure to perform weighing tests with regularity and eliminating other factors can help regulate this behavior. Additionally, solid knowledge and application of the many other details listed in this article can help an individual realize their true progress into getting their goal body.
Take these tips and convert them into a winning strategy! Talk to you again soon!
Yours In Success,
Weight loss is actually an easy thing to do, it’s easy because all you have to do is learn and pattern your eating and fitness strategy to optimal output for your body and type and continue to apply all of that information. So always keep on the look out for new tips you can use for weight loss, tips like the ones in the article here.
To help you with your weight loss regime, make a list of your favorite fruits and vegetables, and research interesting and appealing sounding recipes you can make with them. Smoothies or juicing vegetables are great for this, as are more exotic items you might not normally try. Remember, making your new eating strategy interesting and fun will increase the chances of you sticking with it.
Treating yourself can actually be an important part of any weight loss strategy. Making hard and fast rules about food, such as telling yourself that you’ll never eat chocolate cake ever again, can actually make you obsess about food. This leads to stress and overeating, both of which can ruin your weight loss plan. Try to give yourself a small treat everyday, or a slightly larger one at the end of the week for making your goals.
If you are overweight, consider weight loss as a way to ease joint pain. If you begin making changes for a healthier lifestyle, your body will benefit. Losing weight minimizes pressure and strain on joints, and is worth trying before considering more radical chemical treatments. Sometimes, all you need is a change!
When you are wanting to lose weight the best thing that you can remember is to find exercises you love! If you find something that you really enjoy you will be more likely to stick with it. If you hate something you’ll end up dreading it every time you need to do it and before you know it you will start putting it off or skipping it.
When you are trying to lose weight, take the amount of food you usually eat and divide that portion in two. Check in with yourself after you have finished with that much, and see if you are actually satisfied with half the amount you usually eat. You will be surprised at how often you keep on eating just because it is there in front of you and not because you are actually still hungry.
Do not go the grocery store on an empty stomach. Your hunger will magnify your desire for junk food, and you risk buying unhealthy snacks that will make you gain weight. When you are not hungry, you have more mental control over what groceries you should buy that is appropriate for your eating strategy.
It’s hard to lose weight if you don’t allow yourself any treats. One good way to have your treat and eat it to is to buy one bag or container of something you love to eat per week and no more. Allow yourself a little of your treat per day and you won’t feel as deprived and overeat something else.
A great tip to help you lose weight is to track your progress by using your belt. Scales can be very inaccurate when determining how fit you are, but your belt will let you know if you’re losing weight. If you have to increase a notch or two in your belt, then you are making great progress.
These tips were only but a portion of what you can possibly learn that there is to know about weight loss. Weight loss can be a touchy subject for a lot of people but proper education should get ride of any doubt about how to lose weight. You just have to remember to not only educate yourself but to also apply that education, if you do that then weight loss shouldn’t be a hard thing to do.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours In Success,
Losing weight can seem like an impossible task to accomplish. Just thinking of starting a new plan or exercise routine can seem overwhelming. But with a little discipline and a healthy balanced eating strategy it is possible to achieve your weight loss goals. Finding a weight loss plan that you can stick to long-term is essential.
Occasionally it is perfectly ok to give in to a craving. Every now and then, reward your hard work by indulging in one of your favorite foods. But always remember to use portion control. Instead of reverting to your old habit of eating an entire bowl of ice cream or a huge slice of cake, just eat a small amount, savoring every bite.
To add variety to your eating strategy and enhance your weight loss success, keep an open mind about foods. Just because you didn’t care for the taste of spinach when you were a child doesn’t mean you won’t find it appealing as an adult. Try sampling healthful vegetables and fruits you’ve never eaten before and you might just be surprised at what you’ve been missing.
Don’t be afraid to give yourself pep talks when needed. If you are scared of looking stupid, then you are only holding yourself back due to a silly fear that is just nonsense. Give yourself a pep talk, regardless of where you are, any time you feel that you are slipping down a bit.
In order to lose more weight faster, add green tea to your nutritional plan. Green tea is known to increase metabolism. Studies have shown green tea to boost metabolism 4% without effecting heart rate. It also has small amounts of caffeine. Green tea has become widely available and reasonably priced.
Losing weight is not easy to do alone. To assist you to lose weight, it is helpful to have an accountability coach or exercise buddy; someone who can keep your company and keep you on track. Not only is having a buddy great for accountability, but it can also make it easier to do activities that you would not want to try alone, like going to a challenging new class at the gym.
When adopting a new eating strategy to lose weight, be sure not to starve yourself. Studies have shown that people who eat less and are thinner are shedding excess water before the body goes into starvation mode. This is counterproductive to the weight loss process. Be sure to eat plenty of fresh vegetables rich in micronutrients and lots of fresh seasonal fruit to maintain energy and to boost the immune system and metabolism.
If you overeat one day let yourself know that there is nothing wrong with that and it is not the end of the world. All you have to do is make sure to do a little more physical activity the next day to get off all of the calories that you consumed.
Do not be discouraged when you gain weight in any one week during your new routine. One reason could be that your gained more muscle mass than fat that you had lost! And that’s no bad thing at all, as more muscle means more calories will be burned. This is especially common in people that were very inactive or that added a great deal of exercise to their normal routine. There are other causes possible as well.
Grab a smaller plate. Even the healthiest foods can be bad for you if you eat too much of them. Using a smaller plate or bowl can help your brain tell you that your stomach is full faster, because your eyes are used to seeing larger plates. Take advantage of this to avoid over-eating.
A journal can be a very effective tool in your weight loss plan. Keeping a journal helps to make you accountable. It also lets you know what’s working (and what isn’t) during the journey toward your weight loss goal. Write every bit of food you consume in your journal, and every minute of exercise as well.
As was stated before, losing weight can seem like an impossible task to accomplish. It is easy to feel overwhelmed, but instead of feeling overwhelmed feel empowered. Find a weight loss plan that works for you, and make it a part of your life. As long as you stay dedicated, it is completely possible to achieve your weight loss goals.
If you find yourself looking for an accountability coach to help you on your weight loss journey, complete a coaching client application to see if we are a perfect match to work together!
Yours In Success,
Happy Monday to you!
I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to kick butt this week. I was a bit troubled over a conversation I had with a friend over the weekend about trying to lose weight and eating better. She was talking about a wrap that would allow her to slowly begin to eat better, but immediately be able to wear a dress she hadn’t been able to wear in over six months to go to a party. It left me no option than to tell her what I thought about her situation and to also write this post for you.
Salons, spas and affiliate marketing companies have been offering body wraps for years. Now they have become the newest way to lose fat. The truth is, you may lose weight and inches but the loss is temporary. It may last up to a week but the loss is entirely water weight and will be regained. This article will discuss the pros and cons of body wraps.
Exercise can be pretty boring. When trying to lose weight, make sure you have some entertainment during those long cardio sessions. Get a book to read or even an audio book to listen to. Create a music playlist that is fast and high-energy and will keep your body moving.
A vital step in weight loss success is understanding portion sizes. Get in the habit of reading the nutrition label before you eat or drink anything. As I always say, if you don’t know what it is….DON’T EAT IT! Although the carbs and calories may look fine at first glance, you will often be surprised to find that there are two, three or more servings in that one bag or bottle.
A great weight loss tip is to pack your lunch. No matter how carefully you make your selections, food choices at restaurants are always going to be higher in fat, calories, carbs and sodium than what you can make yourself. You can still treat yourself to a lunch out on occasion, but make a habit of taking your lunch with you most days.
It may seem hard to find time to exercise when trying to lose weight, but you can burn calories by doing your regular household chores. Vacuuming, washing dishes, and doing laundry are all regular chores that burn fat. Since everyone finds time to do housework, it is easy to do some exercise every day. If you are more ambitious, you can get a solid workout in first thing in the morning taking no more than 20 minutes.
A simple way to stay on task when it comes to weight loss is to have an accountability partner to do these things with you. Having a friend that is also eating healthier and exercising along with you can motivate you to keep going, even if its under the obligation of your promise. Also, this way, not everyone around you is eating the fatty foods you can barely resist.
Adjusting your bedtime ritual can help you be successful on your weight loss journey. Adding an extra hour of sleep time has been shown to help people make better decisions when it comes to the food they eat. Feeling more alert also helps to reduce stress-eating.
Try sucking on an ice cube as a means to curb a craving. This trick works well because the desire to eat is often sated just by having some sort of foodstuff in your mouth.
The benefit of a body wrap is really softer, smoother skin. During the treatment, you will sweat and remove some toxins from the body but, like water weight, the toxins will eventually return. Body wraps are probably best for someone who wants to look a bit slimmer for a special evening or weekend. Regular body wraps are not dangerous as long as you remain hydrated.
Do you want temporary and more expensive, or permanent and life changing?
Thanks for reading.
How’s it going?
I hope this reaches you in good spirits on this Wednesday. So this will serve as the first step in the vetting process for the Eradicate Diabetes Plan. If you are serious about doing something about your condition, your circumstances, this all important step is crucial.
I want to create an environment for you to feel comfortable with planning steps to reverse your condition. I offer this solution:
Join my Eradicate Diabetes Group. This is a dedicated site and forum to allow those wondering what a normal life is like to start building upon one. Instead of denying yourself another day of life, connect with others and share your struggles and success. Support and accountability are two major components to defeating this curable disease. We can do it together.
I want you to imagine:
No longer being dependent on medication to treat your diabetic “symptoms”.
Having endless amounts of energy and living life on your terms.
Building on positive eating habits to share with family and friends.
Paying this lifestyle of yours forward to another in need.
This is your new life…it’s waiting for you. Let’s get you started with step 1 today.
I look forward to working with you,
I did my Tabatas today….did you?
Tabata workouts are a type of HIIT – high intensity interval training- where you put your body in full power drive for twenty seconds, rest for twenty seconds, and then do it again—seven times over. But, it is actually much more intense than HIIT as it requires that you do the 20 second intervals at maximum level of intensity. This is of utmost importance and will include gasping for breath, extreme muscle burn, sweating and the ultimate push with the most exertion.
It’s a super-efficient way of getting your body in shape. Tabata exercises may target various parts of the body because there is a vast amount of moves to choose from and so you can use different exercise for the 20 second intense intervals based on the muscles you want to concentrate on.
Exercise Bike Tabata
If you have an exercise bike, the most basic Tabata exercise is simply cycling. But rather than sit there going at it for the typical boring hour, you’re going to do a carefully timed workout for the Tabata protocol.
Get out a stopwatch, or set your smartphone somewhere where you can reach and see it. The regular stopwatch will work, or you can download one of the many Tabata timing apps freely available.
For twenty seconds, pedal as fast as you can. During this entire high intensity period, your speedometer should read at least 35 RPM.
Another good way to turn up the intensity meter is to up the resistance or incline levels.
When your stopwatch shows twenty seconds or your Tabata timer bleeps it out to the world, stop. Just rest. Hang out there for exactly ten seconds, and then start again, using all the breath and energy reserves you’ve been gathering in the last ten seconds.
Do twenty more seconds of your fastest possible pedaling—again, going at least 35 RPM—and then rest again for ten more.
For a Tabata training session, you need to do 8 sets of twenty seconds each, spaced by ten minute rest periods. When it’s finished you may want to cool yourself down a little by some gentle cycling. It is also important to do a 5 minute warm up to get the muscles ready for the intense phases.
That’s one example of a Tabata exercise session. But it is only one. You can make up your own Tabata exercise sessions by putting together sets of exercises that target the muscles you need to work on.
More Tabata Regimens
For instance, if you feel you need some focus on upper body strength, push-ups are a great way to workout without any extra equipment. To do a push-up, you lie on your stomach on the floor and then get into plank position; hands slightly more than shoulder width apart. Your toes should be biting into the floor, your body in neutral position. Keeping yourself in a completely straight line, lower yourself so your chest touches the floor.
Exhale, but keep your core muscles engaged, and then push up with your hands till you’re back in the starting position— keeping yourself in a straight line the whole time.
That’s the basic push up.
A Tabata push-up session means you have to be really, really, intense about your push-ups for twenty seconds. Do as many repetitions for twenty seconds as humanly possible, all while keeping perfect form.
Then, you can relax and play dead for ten seconds. As soon as the ten seconds are up, though, go all out again—high intensity, working as fast as you can go.
When 8 rounds are completed, your Tabata push-up session is done. You might feel dead, but your body has completed an important milestone on the road to better health.
Tabata Mash Ups
There are more than 25 different moves that can be used in Tabata training. You can mix and mash them together in one session, or simply the same one over and over.
For example, you can do Russian Twists for 4 of the intense 20 second sessions and then Mountain Climbers for the other 4 sets.
You can also do a low and high impact mash up, by doing Sit Ups for the first four 20 second intervals, then take it up a notch and do Box Jumps for the other four.
No matter which you choose, you will never be bored, and you will keep the body at peak level of fitness because you are constantly keeping it guessing and challenged.
Tabata is intense and highly effective. Make sure to learn the moves you plan to do and keep perfect form to eliminate the risk of injury.
If you are new to fitness then you should start slower and build up, using the exercise bike for Tabata will be your best bet until you can work up to the more intense full body moves, like Burpees, Mountain Climbers and Lunge Jumps.
****ATTENTION ALL WOMEN****
If you would like to see an increase in gains through your tabata workouts, A trainer I know named John Barbin, graduate of UF, has a product called Venus Factor, an advanced way of coordinating your eating habits and fitness routine into a systemized process to maximize fat loss. If you know me, I don’t do many endorsements, however, John is someone I know and trust and this product rocks! Besides, it’s just for you ladies. You can check it out here.
Yours In Success,
P.S. – Here’s the link again for Venus Factor
As you develop your fitness and nutritional plans, your specific needs are your own. However,there is no doubt that if you want to win at physical activity, you need your mind and body to be and remain in balance. You probably have
heard this many number of times, but it is the same as day one.
You need to ensure your eating strategy contains a balanced variety of whole foods (vegetables, whole grain, etc) to be successful.
The intake of living foods will provide your body with all the essential building blocks that it needs. This includes vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Each of these elements plays their own role, one that is crucial to your overall success.
Think of food as a team effort. You know that you are only as good as your team is, right? When you do not provide all of the right nutrients to your body, to limit them, they can not perform as a team and then the overall whole suffers.
How many times does the star athlete go down in a game and the team crumbles around them? Or, how many times does someone that is a smaller asset and the star can not longer hold the team up? The same is true for food.
The body needs each one of these pieces for the whole to work. The goal that you have is to learn what it needs and how it needs them to get the whole working well.
Thanks For Reading
Have an Awesome Day!
Good Morning! I have read my emails and I have to tell you all that Fat loss doesn’t have to be painful. Try these simple tips and you’ll see just how easy it can be.
1. Eat smaller more frequent meals – not only is your metabolism boosted every time you eat something, your body can more efficiently process smaller meals. Instead of having 3 large meals in a day, try to break them up into 5 or 6 smaller meals.
2. Drink more water – regular water intake helps to flush away waste products in the body. Get at least six to eight 8 oz. glasses per day. An easy way to do this is to keep a water bottle handy and drink from it frequently.
3. Be inefficient – do you need to go to the kitchen to get a couple of things? Break it up into to two trips even if you can do it in one. Being inefficient like this can easily double your activity level, burning calories without even trying.
4. Eat more protein – sources of protein include foods such as chicken, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, lean red meats, etc. Your body burns more calories processing protein than either carbohydrates or fats. Protein also helps to support your muscle tissue, which burns calories all day long!
5. Take the stairs instead of the elevator – any time you can add in a little more physical activity, do it. This doesn’t mean you need to slog up 20 flights of stairs. Even a flight or two done regularly will add up.
6. Don’t let yourself get hungry – when you get hungry you will have a much greater tendency to overeat when you do finally get something to eat. As well, because your body is starting to go into starvation mode, it will be much more likely to hold onto whatever you give it.
7. Order small portions at restaurants – it’s tough to order small french fries when “supersizing” your order is such a great “value.” Take note, however, your real savings will occur in the calories that don’t end up on your backside.
8. Eat more fiber – fiber is very filling. By eating more fiber you will find yourself full sooner. This feeling of fullness will last a long time as well.
9. Wait 20 minutes between servings – your brain takes at least 20 minutes to register that you’re full. By waiting that long, you’ll give your brain a chance to realize that you don’t really need any more food.
10. Cheat on your diet – one thing I always make my clients promise is that they will cheat on their diet. The only thing I ask that they do is to cheat ONLY when they have planned to cheat. By planning when you are going to eat the foods you crave, you take back control of your eating habits.
This way you no longer “give in” to your cravings. You “reward yourself” for sticking to proper nutritional habits. Do this once or wice a week and you will feel far more in control of your eating.
In conclusion, if you follow even a few of these 10 easy tips in the long term, you will certainly notice a difference in your overall weight and health.
Thanks for reading!
What’s Up Everyone!
So, as promised, here is part two of belly fat reducing solution.
Nowadays,people think of their gut solely as the mechanism by which your body digests food, which is at best an extreme oversimplification, and at worst an ideology massively contributing to the health problems, weight loss struggles, and auto-immune disorders of millions world-wide.
In reality, your GI tract is MUCH more than a digestion center; in fact, it is quite literally your second brain as well as being “home” to 80% of your immune system.
You see, within your gut reside roughly 100 TRILLION living bacteria…
That’s more than 10 times the number of cells you have in your entire body – and maintaining the ideal ratio of “good bacteria” (known as probiotics) to “bad bacteria” is now gaining recognition as perhaps the single most important step you can take to protect your health and further along your fat loss goals.
In fact, there are more than 200 studies linking inadequate probiotic levels to more than 170 different diseases and health issues; here are just a few:
• Celiac disease, leaky gut, and irritable bowel syndrome
• Mood, psychological health, and behavioral disorders
• Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes
• The common cold, influenza, and pneumonia
• Liver diseases, such as cirrhosis and cancer
• Eczema, atopic dermatitis, and acne
• Chronic fatigue syndrome
• Food and wheat allergies
• Weight gain and obesity
And many, many more.
To touch briefly on the weight gain and obesity consequences, virtually every study performed on the obese population analyzing gut bacteria found higher instances of “bad” bacteria and lower levels of probiotics (again, the “good” bacteria) within these individuals.
Perhaps you yourself are already experiencing some of the more advanced signs that your intestinal bacterial balance is beginning to spin out of control, such as:
• Gas and bloating
• Constipation and/or diarrhea
• Acid reflux
• Skin problems
• Overall sickness
• Urinary tract infections
• Trouble sleeping
• An inability to lose weight
• Sugar cravings, especially for heavily refined carbs
You see, the ideal healthy ratio of “good” to “bad” bacteria is 85% to 15%, or 9 to 1.
Unfortunately, due to lifestyle and environmental factors, the vast majority of the population is severely lacking when it comes to good probiotic bacteria, throwing their gut flora ratio completely out of whack.
These lifestyle and environmental factors include, but are not limited to, exposure to:
• Artificial sweeteners of any kind (found in “diet” beverages and food items, chewing gum, and even toothpaste)
• Processed foods
• Chlorinated water
• Alcoholic beverages
• Agricultural chemicals and pesticides, and…
• Antibiotics (from medications and/or antibiotics found in meat and dairy products that we ingest).
As you can see, unless you maintain a 100% organic diet, completely avoid all sugar, and lock yourself in the house in an attempt to only consume the purest of air 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it is almost certain that your gut flora balance is suffering, and will continue to suffer, unless you do something to proactively correct it on a daily basis.
Can you really afford to neglect your gastrointestinal health much longer?
If you do, the likely result is dramatically increased risk for health problems and disease, failure to experience relief from any ailments you may be currently suffering from, and an inevitable, continual struggle with your weight.
With that said, it’s no wonder that research is now suggesting that supplementing with probiotics every single day is even MORE important to your health than taking a daily multi-vitamin.
Even more, a recent double blind study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that test subjects who received probiotics daily were able to reduce their abdominal fat by nearly 5 percent over a 12 week period, while the “no probiotic” group experienced no positive changes.
But here’s something you may not know…
93% of the probiotics contained in traditional probiotic supplements will be DEAD before they ever reach your gut.
And of course, dead probiotics are completely worthless.
You see, one of the greatest challenges in creating a truly effective probiotic formula is being able to actually deliver delicate probiotic cells to the gastrointestinal tract, fully intact and alive. Because probiotics are living bacteria, they are also extremely sensitive to even the slightest change in environmental conditions. In fact, research has shown that after one year on the shelf, in a sealed bottle at room temperature, on average only 32% of conventionally produced probiotics survive.
And get this, most of the probiotics products you find on store shelves are already well over a year old–some even as much as two years old. After all, big companies produce hundreds of thousands of bottles to cut cost and then store these bottles in their warehouses long before they ever end up in your hands.
But it gets worse.
Due to the extreme acidic environment of the stomach, another 80% of the remaining live probiotic cells will be killed off before reaching the intestine. In the end, traditional probiotic supplements, while claiming billions upon billions of active cells per dose, will only wind up delivering a measly 6.4% of what their label promises alive and well to your gut.
With that said, you can see how a probiotic product claiming 20 billion cells is reduced to a mere 1 billion count rather quickly.
When it all boils down, not only are these products a complete waste of your time and money, but much more importantly they are robbing you of the critically important health benefits that are the entire reason you would invest in a probiotic product in the first place.
Fortunately, there is a solution, and the answer lies in patented Microencapsulation Technology™.
Knowing the previously mentioned challenge, a company call BioTrust have developed the most advanced probiotic formula anywhere, Pro-X10™, using cutting-edge, patented Microencapsulation Technology™ developed by Italian researchers to solve this very problem.
Instead of leaving fragile probiotic cells to fend for themselves, this process encases each live cell in a lipid matrix to protect them from oxygen, light, acids, bile, and the like. The end result is dramatically enhanced survival of probiotic cells both on the shelf and through the stomach, and greatly improved delivery over traditional probiotic supplements.
Not only that, with the recommended 2 doses daily of Pro-X10™ this will allow for further enhanced absorption, effectively delivering TEN TIMES more live, healthy bacteria to your gut than traditional, non-microencapsulated probiotic products.
While most would be satisfied with the most cutting-edge delivery method and absorption rate of any probiotic product, Pro-X10™ uses the incorporation of one of the most powerful probiotic support nutrients of all time, Actazin™.
Actazin™, manufactured from New Zealand’s own superfruit, the Kiwifruit, has a four-way action on gut health:
1 . Prokinetic enzyme activity gently stimulates the movement of stool through your GI tract to help “keep you regular.”
2. Insoluble fiber further promotes regularity and softens stools without gas or bloating.
3. Prebiotics support the natural growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut to further improve your gut flora ratio.
4. Polyphenolics support beneficial bacteria, inhibit infectious pathogens, and further assist in maintaining long term digestive health
But perhaps most interesting is the fact that Actazin™ supports the regeneration of gut-lining cells, as well as enhanced gut lining protection. This means that even if the gut lining has been damaged by exposure to harmful compounds, including dangerous wheat fragments like gluten (which most people’s guts have), Actazin™ shows strong promise in being able to help heal the damage and return the gut to normal function.
Beyond that, Pro-X10™ is manufactured under a patented allergen-free manufacturing process that guarantees safe probiotic supplementation for all, even individuals with food allergies and/or food intolerances… use of this patented process is few and far between by other supplement companies.
And if all of that wasn’t enough, we even included 3 extremely unique probiotic strands not contained in 99% of other products, including:
1. Bifidobacterium lactis for constipation and inflammatory bowel relief
2. Lactobacillus salivarius for unprecedented oral health. In fact, this unique strain has been proven through research to dramatically decrease the level of plaque forming bacteria in the mouth while naturally freshening breath and reducing gum sensitivity
3. S. boulardii for unparalleled immune support, including a significant increase in mean blood cell count and a decrease in systemic inflammation, even during periods of high stress
Simply put, with research suggesting that probiotic supplementation is even more important to your health than taking a daily multi-vitamin, and the fact that inadequate probiotic levels have been linked through research to more than 170 different diseases and health issues, including obesity and weight gain, we truly believe that EVERYONE should be taking a probiotic daily.
I would like to say that I am in no way affiliated with Pro-X10, but I will provide you the URL to their website to research further. The Site is BioTrust
Hope you have received some good information on these last two posts. Next week, I will put together a couple of easy in home routines that can be completed in 15 minutes or less for those that are time challenged. Until then, have an awesome weekend!
Yours In Success,
Hello All! There are many that wish if only there were some kind of potion or pill that had everything you needed for weight loss and good health. Unfortunately, no such pill exists, but there is a solution — something that not only promotes wellness and weight control but tastes good, too. These multitasking “super foods” provide multiple disease-fighting nutrients, fill you up so you can enjoy plenty of food without excess calories, and are easy to include in everyday meals. After all, what good is a super food that is hard to find, difficult to prepare, and the kids won’t eat? Eaten regularly, these foods will help you satisfy the recommendations of the U.S. government’s Dietary Guideline, giving you nutrients that are typically missing from Western (or American) diets. We here in the US need to eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products.
10 Super Foods
1. Low fat or fat-free plain yogurt is higher in calcium than some other dairy products and contains a great package of other nutrients, including protein and potassium. It can also be enhanced with other good-for-you substances. Yogurt is a vehicle food that can be enriched with probiotics for a healthy balance of bacteria in your gut, and beneficial, heart-healthy plant stanols. Lactose sensitive people may tolerate yogurt better than milk. Look for plain yogurt fortified with vitamin D, and add your own fruit to control sweetness and calories. Versatile yogurt can also be used in entree and bakery recipes, in dips for veggies, etc. Don’t like yogurt? Skim milk is another super dairy food that has only 83 calories per cup and is easy to slip into coffee to help you get one of the recommended three servings of dairy each day.
2. Eggs make the list because they are nutritious, versatile, economical, and a great way to fill up on quality protein. Studies show if you eat eggs at breakfast, you may eat fewer calories during the day and lose weight without significantly affecting cholesterol levels. Eggs also contain 12 vitamins and minerals, including choline, which is good for brain development and memory. Enjoy them at any meal or hard-cooked as a portable snack.
3. Nuts have gotten a bad rap because of their high fat content. But their protein, heart-healthy fats, high fiber, and antioxidant content earn them a place on the top 10 list. The key to enjoying nuts is portion control. All nuts are healthful in small doses, and studies show they can help lower cholesterol levels and promote weight loss. I like pistachio nuts because they also contain plant sterols and it takes longer to crack the shell and eat them, making it easier to control the portion. Whether you prefer pistachios, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, or pecans, an ounce a day of nuts help fill you up. Nuts add texture and flavor to salads, side dishes, baked goods, cereals, and entrees. They taste great alone, too. I recommend putting together your own “100-calorie packs” of nuts for easy and portable snacks.
4. Kiwis are among the most nutritionally dense fruits, full of antioxidants. One large kiwi supplies your daily requirement for vitamin C. It is also a good source of potassium, fiber, and a decent source of vitamin A and vitamin E, which is one of the missing nutrients, and kiwi is one of the only fruits that provides it. The sweet taste and colorful appearance of kiwis makes it easy to slice in half, scoop out with a spoon and enjoy alone, or slice it into desserts, salads, or side dishes. Kiwifruit can also have a mild laxative effect due to their high fiber content.
5. Quinoa is now readily available in many supermarkets and is one of the best whole grains you can eat. It is an ancient grain, easy to make, interesting, high in protein (8 grams in 1 cup cooked), fiber (5 grams per cup) and a naturally good source of iron. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) also has plenty of zinc, vitamin E, and selenium to help control your weight and lower your risk for heart disease and diabetes. Quinoa is as easy to prepare as rice and can be eaten alone or mixed with vegetables, nuts, or lean protein for a whole-grain medley. Try to make at least half your daily grain servings whole grains. In addition to quinoa, try barley, oats, buckwheat, whole wheat, wild rice, and millet.
6. Beans, beans, good for your heart — really! Beans are loaded with insoluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol, as well as soluble fiber, which fills you up and helps rid your body of waste. They’re also a good, low-fat source of protein, carbohydrates, magnesium, and potassium. Edamame (whole soybeans) because they also contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Beans can easily substitute for meat or poultry as the centerpiece of a meal, but they also work as a side dish, or tossed into soups, stews, or egg dishes. The U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommend 3 cups weekly.
7. Salmon is a super food because of its omega-3 fatty acid content. Studies show that omega-3 fatty acids help protect heart health. That’s why the American Heart Association recommends eating fatty fish like salmon twice weekly. Salmon is low in calories (200 for 3 ounces) has lots of protein, is a good source of iron, and is very low in saturated fat. You can simply grill or bake it, top it with salsas or other low-fat sauces, or serve it on top of salad greens. If you don’t like salmon, eat other kinds of fish, like fresh tuna (not canned). And what about the mercury content? (Mercury is known to accumulate in fish.) “The benefits of eating salmon or other fatty fish twice weekly far outweigh any risks, but if you are concerned, check with your doctor.
8. Broccoli is one of America’s favorite vegetables because it tastes good and is available all year long. It’s a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and bone-building vitamin K, and has plenty of fiber to fill you up and help control your weight. Some people think beta-carotene (vitamin A) is only found in orange and yellow vegetables, but broccoli is an excellent source. You can eat broccoli raw, lightly steamed, stir-fried, roasted, or grilled. Eat it as a side dish, or toss into grains, egg dishes, soups, and salads.
9. Sweet potatoes are a delicious member of the dark orange vegetable family, which lead the pack in vitamin A content. Substitute a baked sweet potato (also loaded with vitamin C, calcium, and potassium) for a baked white potato. And before you add butter or sugar, taste the sweetness that develops when a sweet potato is cooked — and think of all the calories you can save over that loaded baked potato. If we eat more foods like sweet potatoes that are rich sources of potassium, and fewer high-sodium foods, we can blunt the effect of sodium on blood pressure and reduce bone loss. Other dark orange vegetable standouts include pumpkin, carrots, butternut squash, and orange bell peppers.
10. Berries pack an incredible amount of nutritional goodness into a small package. They’re loaded with antioxidants, phytonutrients, low in calories, and high in water and fiber to help control blood sugar and keep you full longer. And their flavors satisfy sweets cravings for a fraction of the calories in baked goods. Blueberries lead the pack because they are among the best source of antioxidants and are widely available. Cranberries are also widely available fresh, frozen, or dried. All can add flavor and nutrition to numerous dishes, from salads and cereals to baked goods and yogurt.
See if you can incorporate these superfoods daily into your meals and reap the massive health and nutritional benefits they can provide!
Thanks For Reading!