Good Afternoon Everyone! I really hope you’re having a great day. I wanted to share some mental reconditioning with you. In our day to day activities, many are very quick to say what they do not have time for. So with that in mind, the two most important things that usually suffer with the “time constraint” is food intake and exercise. With that being said, I have included a quick workout that may take you no more than about 15 to 20 minutes out of your day. Certainly you can find 20 minutes for your health – can’t you?
Prisoner Squats 3 sets – 15 repetitions
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and cross your arms in front of you as if leaning on a counter.
2. Make sure that you keep your back straight.
3. Focus on a border point between the wall and the ceiling. This will ensure that you keep your head up and also help with proper form.
4. Bend slowly at your knees into a full squat.
5. Return to a full upright position.
Squat Jumps 3 sets, 15 repetitions
1. Just as above, feet shoulder width apart, arms folded across your chest.
2. This exercise you will lower your body just as before for the squat slowly, but you will explode up and jump into the air.
If you have knee problems I do not recommend this, you can instead do equal number of sets and repetitions of push ups.
3. Ensure that you land with your feet at least shoulder width apart and gradually lower your body back into a full squat position before repeating the explosion movement again.
Body Builder 3 sets, 15 repetitions
1. Once more, stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. From this position, you will bend at the knees and place your hands on either side of your feet. (You should be in a crouch position)
3. From the crouch position, thrust both feet back so that you end up in a push up position.
4. Complete a full push-up.
5. Pull both feet back up under you so that you are now back in a crouch position.
6. Return to full standing position.
This workout is designed to give your body a jolt and get the blood pumping. Even if you don’t think you have time, this is simple, requires no equipment and only takes the dedication to put your body in motion.
If the sets and reps are not enough or you do not feel slightly winded, you are either doing these too slow or you are in decent shape. That being said for the intermediate fitness level, you can add two more sets with the same reps with medium intensity or speed. For the beginner, you should do these with moderate intensity to ensure foot, leg, arm and hand positions are correct alignment and position. As you become more comfortable, increase speed and intensity.
Give this a try and leave me your feedback.
Thanks for reading!