Happy Tabata Tuesday!
I want to give you the best concepts to help you achieve your fitness goals without any additional cost, time but maximum effort within 20 minutes. Below are 10 of the best Tabata practices to springboard your success.
10 Tabata Best Practices
To get the most out of your intense and highly effective workouts, here are some tips and guidelines to follow:
- As part of the original protocol a 10 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down is highly recommended.
- Use full body exercises that engage many muscle groups.
- Feel free to use free weights, bodyweight, weighted vests or ankle weights as this will increase intensity.
- Go all out in the 20 second intense intervals, never slow down, and push yourself to the limits.
- Except to be gasping for breath, literally gasping, this is where you want to be.
- Make every attempt to find your breath in the 10 seconds of rest, good luck.
- Cool down for at least 5 minutes.
- Prepare to get really sweaty.
- Don’t give up if the first, second or third time you do a Tabata routine you feel like you want to die or throw up or you can’t finish. This is typical.
- Don’t give up if the fourth, fifth or sixth time you think you can’t do this ever again. You can, you will, you should.
I hope this provides some clarity for you to focus on accomplishing your goals. If you need some additional direction or want clarity about how to defeat your fitness “pleateau”, contact me here for a free strategy consultation.
Yours In Success,