6 Tips To Survive Halloween
So with my favorite holiday approaching, I know that some may not be able to escape the temptation of chocolate and candy. That being said, I have included 6 tips to satisfy your craving and also some interesting facts about halloween.
1. Buy healthier treats such as 100% dried fruit snacks, dark chocolate, pretzels, trail mix, Jelly Bellies, raisin boxes, and popcorn balls. They will taste good and not leave a sore feeling in your stomach.
2. Choose less calorie containing hard candies such as lollipops over calorie rich chocolate bars such as snickers.
3. Limit yourself to only a few candies/chocolates per day, plan your day ahead, don’t go on a candy binge.
4. Eat a healthy snack or a small meal before going to a Halloween party, so you will be less tempted by the unhealthy party food.
5. Consider buying a candy that you don’t like to avoid the temptation of eating it, when handing out candy to trick or treaters and your children.
6. Stay on or start an exercise program. Don’t use the holidays as an excuse to wait for the New Year.
Interesting facts about Halloween:
1. Ninety percent of parents admit to sneaking goodies from their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags.
2. Parents favorite treats to sneak from their kids’ trick-or-treat bags are snack-size chocolate bars (70 percent sneak these), candy-coated chocolate pieces (40 percent), caramels (37 percent) and gum (26 percent).
3. Parents least favorite goodie to take from their kids’ trick-or-treat bags is licorice (18 percent).
4. Halloween is by far the busiest time for candy buying, resulting in an astonishing $1,983,000,000 of sweets in 2009.
Some candy favorites and the time it takes to burn calories consumed:
Chocolate Bar: 1.5 oz.
Biking : 30 mins
Hard Candies : 3 pieces
Gardening : 15 mins
Jelly Beans : 30
Dancing : 20 mins
Peanut Butter Cups: 1
Walking : 30 mins
So, hopefully you can take from this that you don’t have to go without a bit of a sweet tooth for this holiday. There is a guide for you to indulge smartly and maintain your goal of getting in better shape and feeling better in your clothes.
Thanks For Reading
Have a Great Halloween!
Posted on October 8, 2011, in conditioning, fitness and tagged Cheap snacks for halloween, Halloween for eating strategies, Healthy Halloween, Sweet Trick or Treat. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.