Is Saturday Your Cheat Day?
What’s up everyone! Hope you are having an awesome day! I was wondering who out there has been working their butt off and has done so with a cheat day coming up? Saturday perhaps? Well, I thought that I could help you get your cheat day started with a healthy but very tasty breakfast! No filler and no substitutions if you can help it. It’s an awesome way to start the day and your kids might even enjoy eating with you on this day a little bit more!
Apple and Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup grated, peeled apple
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Use fresh fruit as a topping
- Maple syrup as an accompaniment
- In a bowl whisk together 1 cup of the buttermilk and oats. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, brown sugar and apple. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, oil, the oat mixture and the remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk and mixing well.
- Preheat a greased griddle over moderate heat. (Remember you can not allow olive oil to burn! Watch your griddle) When hot, ladle scant 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Pancakes are ready to turn when bubbles appear on top and the sides appear “dry”. Continue cooking until the bottoms are golden.
- Serve pancakes with fresh fruit topping or maple syrup.
Makes about twelve (4-inch) pancakes.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about that! Until Later, have a great day!
Thanks for reading